~ Essie nail polish in find me an oasis
I have the hardest time- pun intended- finding polish that doesn't get smudgy and soft as you add coats. This color Essie polish is perfect after about four coats, and I promise you, the coats harden as they dry, rather than getting soft and then smudging. Essie seems to last without chipping, which is a very nice bonus about this product, as well!
~ Coverfx powder from Sephora
I splurged on this powder at Sephora (and I usually do not shop there...), but I am so glad I did. They will do skin matching in the store. I am definitely glad I got it! Why? Because it really, really works!! I have to replace my current compact very soon, because I use it everyday.
~ Sally Hansen gel in Regal Rose
This polish also dries very hard, but it looks beautiful and thick after only two coats. I love putting this on my toes during the winter. It is so easy to apply. Besides, like Essie, this gel lasts without chipping, and remains hard with multiple coats. I will definitely be buying this again, because I'm so happy to have found it!
~ Burts Bees lip gloss in peach
Coconut is pictured, but peach gloss is the best for tint. I have to include this on the list, because I swear by this stuff, and I use it everyday. My lips get so dry in the winter, and I love a little colorful tint, but I hate the feel of lipstick on dry lips. If you've never tried it, peppermint is also a great option, although it does not have a tint. Perfect for bedtime or just keeping on your bedside table. I hate chapped lips, and this is the best chapstick and lip gloss on the market, imho. Try it! ;)
~ Suave dry shampoo spray
Usually, Suave is the brand to hate on. The shampoo causes build-up and most hairdressers say it's the worst. 😖 But, when I just do not have chance to wash my hair, I can spray a little bit of this on my roots, and it perks my hair right up! ;) I would like to say I wash my hair everyday, but that's not true. I miss a day here and there. I really enjoy the effect of this product, and let's be honest~ I will definitely replace it when I run out.;)
The *only* product that works on my short hair is this pomade. I asked my hairdresser for something that would make my hair look "wavy and glossy" (maybe a tiny bit wet, or at least non-poofy, especially on the ends), and the things she tried on my hair didn't hold a finger to this product.😊😂 I use a tiny bit on my fingertips to fight frizzy ends. It just works so well and it smells a.maz.ing. The best part is that it will last you for over a year. I also have used other Aveda products in the past (their Control paste is a good one for short haircuts and it lasts forever, as well), but this is the best for me right now!
BONUS: facial care tips! fun! ;)
- I'm no expert, but from my experience, the best way to prevent my face from drying out during the winter is to use a quality moisturizer after washing with a good exfoliating face wash.
- I like St. Ives Green Tea scrub exfoliating wash- because it works!
- I absolutely love and swear by Oil of Olay Complete moisturizer. I have been using it as a simple moisturizer after washing my face or showers since college. Forever! ;)
- AVOID: alcohol-based face wipes. They will dry your face out!
- If you do end up using some kind of toner, or something with alcohol to clean off your face (such as in an emergency, or with really heavy make-up), find a stronger moisturizer. When my face is really dry, I use this moisturizer shown, sold at the Clinique make-up counter. It goes on a little thicker than my standard Oil of Olay, and it doesn't cause breakouts usually (so far!). I keep it on hand, but only use it occasionally to save money.
~ pharmacia perfume in Rose, from anthropologie
I like Clinique's Happy, but I was looking for something a bit subtler. I always shop scents at anthropologie. They have some great options. This smells great- just like roses- and it fit the bill! ;)
Maybe next time I will share my favorite dressy make-up with you! 😉
Do you have any products that you turn to again and again?