I bought a sugar scrub about a year ago, made by The Healing Garden brand, and I was given one from an upscale boutique that smelled fabulous.Recently, I learned how to make my own, and I couldn't be happier with the results.
I loved using those store-bought sugar scrubs, because they work so well for exfoliating dry skin. I found it perfect for arms and legs, and hands especially. They can be expensive to buy, though.
It's unbelievable, really, how easy it is to make, and how accessible these ingredients are. And the results of using this are noticeable.
The one we made consisted of canola oil, lemon juice, and sugar. So simple and perfect. I've already used it once and was definitely excited once it was made.
Having been exposed to various oils and natural fragrances in the past, I was really excited to try my own different types of sugar scrubs to give away as gifts.
How to Make Vanilla Lime Sugar Scrub
1. Buy 8oz. jars (I know they have them at Walmart with kitchen and canning supplies).
2. Buy essential oils or other desired ingredients at a natural food shop.
3. Assemble your ingredients - for me, brown and white sugar, olive oil, vanilla extract and lime- and don't forget the jars.
4. Make the mixture in a bowl, and stir (you can use a chopstick).
5. Pour or spoon into your jar.
6. Add ribbon, stickers, fabric, etc. Or make your own label!
ENJOY using for transforming dry legs and dry hands into velvet-softness! :)
See my tumblr for more recipe ideas! exciting times.....